Search This Blog

Friday, December 9, 2011

About me: How I become a Cule?(Revised 2014)

 

My First El Clàssic(El Clásico), Season 2003/04 La Liga

I know nothing about football before I first visit Europe, that was an exchange student program brought me to Oslo, Norway. Xavi, the first Catalan I met, bring me the beauty of the team, and open a door to follow this team. The first game I attend to is Celtic-Barcelona, in a competition for UEFA cup, now so-called Europa League(We still carry out fantastic friendship even today, it is really a surprise how life can bring you) 

Season 2003-04 was a season of change for FC Barcelona. Joan Laporta elected as a new president, bringing a new Dutch coach Frank Rijkaard. That is the year Cesc Fàbregas transferred to Arsenal, so did Gerard Piqué go to  Manchaster in the following year(2004). Yet, this is also the season Victor Valdez and Andres Iniesta promoted to the first team, and the arrival of Ronaldihno. 


(Later in 2009, Iniesta proudly acclaimed:"Visca el Barça, Visca Catalunya y Visca Fuentealbilla")



Camp Nou and this time give me that impression:
"No matter where you are from, work hard and be prepared, this is a stage for your to shine!"

I recall our full Dutch squad: Cocu,Davids, Overmas, Reiziger, van Bronhorst, and Kluivert (with his headers!!!)


I recall the marvelous plays of Ronaldihno, the King of Camp Nou, he is Brazilian.



I recall the day Luis Enrique(our Capitan!) cheered the squad, he is Asturian, the beloved Andres Iniesta, from Castile-la Mancha.

Last but not the least, the Catalan Squad! We had Puyol, Xavi, Valdez, who still in the team now. Oleguer, Luis Garcia, who left afterwards yet shine in their career. 

In these years, the team changed a lot, yet our insistence remains: 
"play beautiful football, nurture the young talents in La Masia."

In these years, the friendship also flourish, and expand this zeal to others. "Som Un i Som Culés"

Now, Cesc is back, Pique is back. Sooner or later, we will return to where we belongs to. 

Note: This article was first written before 2011/12 El Clàssic, and revised in 2013/14 season. Every time I see the game, I still feel the attachment remains.

These memories come vivid. The game is beyond win or lose. It is the origin, the passion, and our common belongings. 

I took a photo of Pique's book on one of my trip to Barcelona, it should be around 2012. The title of the book  "Viatge d'anada i tornada" (A round trip), reflects how life would bring us. We are living in a journey, moving from one trip to the other. At the end, we will settle ourselves and find the place we belong to. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

假想情境:Omicron已在歐洲 (?)

  這是荷蘭疫情開始後,病房住院狀態:從這樣的變化,有沒有新型變體已經在歐陸的可能?